Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A cause to follow, and other bits

If you read my notes on Facebook you'll know this already, but those just reading my blog I thought I would share this with you too. I just signed up to participate in the Toledo area Walk MS event, and I'd love your support! My sister has MS, and has been in a wheelchair for as long as I can remember, but by God she is the strongest person I know. I also recently learned that one of my co-workers has MS, so I'm dedicating my walk to both of them.
You can go to my donation page to contribute, or if you want to find a walk/bike event in your area, go to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society page.
***
I've managed to survive the layoff field day at work last week. It was pretty heartbreaking, watching my friends pack up their things, hoping that they'll get a call back soon, wondering if they'll be okay in the meantime. What makes it especially hard is knowing that if I hadn't gotten this new job, it totally would have been me. I guess my timing was perfect in regards to getting trained on how to teach this class... I think that's pretty much the only reason why I'm still here. I got word that my first opportunity to teach will be in Chicago in April (whoo hoo! Thanks Lisa!) so I guess I have a bit of job security until then at least. I also have a new cube, up at the front of the office again. I miss the quiet and the skylight, but I don't miss the isolation and loneliness. I sit next to a phone-shouter now, but that's why I bring my mp3 player to work.
***
B's spring break is the second full week of March (I think I've mentioned this before, but March in NW Ohio is not spring) and we were going to take a road trip to visit some family in NC and VA, but we've decided that time would be better used to work around the house, getting the gardens ready to go, spring cleaning and whatnot. I'll take a few days off from work, and recharge my batteries a bit before starting with the travel again. Nothing like digging in the (half-frozen) dirt to relax and boost your confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment