Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts

randomtuesday

Whee! Now I can say a bunch of stupid stuff, and have a reason for doing so! Thanks, Un-Mom & Captain Dumbass!

  • On Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations Chicago episode, he made a point that I totally agree with.  He said that Chicago is one of the last true cities in the U.S.  Like, real metropolis, as opposed to urban sprawl.  This city grows on me more and more every time I visit.
  • Hyatt's Corporate Headquarters in Chicago are beeeyooteefull.  Bamboo, carved wood staircases going up, and frosted melamine going down, lots of opulent touches here and there.  Loved it, but still I have to wonder, is it really necessary?  Couldn't that money be better spent somehow?  
  • The hairdryer in my hotel room did weird things to my hair this morning.  Static and excessive frizz ensued.
  • I had a hole in the toe of my sock today.  But I will not be throwing them out, oh no!  I will learn to darn.  Welcome back to 1850, when you didn't replace things arbitrarily, but actually tried to fix them first.  What a concept!
  • I get to sleep in tomorrow, but yet I had my pajamas on around 7:00 this evening.  A whole day of trying to sound like you know what you're talking about will wear you out!
  • Another interesting quirk about this hotel... pillow options.  There was an actual pillow menu on my bed when I arrived, and I have the option to call housekeeping and request one of six different pillows.  I may have to try the memory foam type tomorrow.
Despite the excuse to write about whatever I please without having to justify myself, this is all I can come up with right now.  Kind of sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment