Monday, May 18, 2009

Why I'm not cut out to be a writer

I've been gardening up a storm these past couple of weeks, with a surprise visit and a trip to Chicago thrown in for good measure.

***

B got me good!  We usually suck at surprises ("Happy Not-a-Surprise Birthday sweetie, I got you that book you wanted" or something similar is how it usually goes) but he managed to pull one on me when my best friend & her fam showed up at our house on Saturday night a couple weeks ago... and they live in Colorado.  When she told me they were traveling for a couple of weeks, I didn't think she meant driving!  So we had a great time with them for a couple days.

***

The Chicago trip was for two classes related to work.  They were both very worthwhile, which is kind of unusual, and also helped me get my mind off the presentation that I put together for our sales meeting but did not give.  Which apparently went well... or at least I haven't had anyone calling, confused or mad or anything.

***

Along those same lines I sent an email to my bosses expressing my concern about being left out of the loop on so many things that have in turn come back to bite us in the butt.  I think I made my case quite well, and hopefully they see my position and make some changes.  All I want is to see this stuff before it gets printed with the wrong info on it... why this hasn't been happening up to this point is kind of beyond me.

***

Moved some stuff around in the garden and planted a few new things... just in time for a frost last night.  Managed to get the potted herbs inside and the tomatoes covered, but I didn't have time to survey any damage before leaving this morning.  Hopefully everyone else is ok!

And that's really all the excitement I have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment