
I twittered yesterday about the nastiness of this particular flavor of Vitamin Water. Pineapple? Not so much. And ever since I tried it, my tastebuds have been out of whack. Even my bowl of cereal last night didn't taste quite like Corn Chex... and my normally excellent Caruso's Coffee this morning was very bleah. I brushed the crap out of my tongue this morning, but it still feels gross. Tranquilo... more like Ass-ilo.
***
My hand is almost completely healed already, just one little scab left and a couple of nice shiny scars. Finally finished off the stimulant-laden antibiotics on Saturday night, and the past two nights' sleep have been WONDERFUL. Too bad I've had to get up early for work, so I can't truly enjoy it.
***
Someone should notify my neighbors... it's Independence DAY, not Independence WEEK. Actually, from the looks of my friends' post on Facebook, maybe this is something that should be announced on the national news. CNN, get on that. No more fireworks, dammit!!
***
I am trying my darnedest to get to the gym at least once a week. Last week I skipped due to the injury, but I got back on the horse yesterday and might even go again on Wednesday. Setting my goals a little lower seems to have helped - I feel like I've accomplished something for once! Now to up my time spent working out... right now I'm at 15 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes using the weight machines (upper body/core muscles only). Long term goal: a half-hour each, 2-3 times a week. Short term (easier) goal: 20 minutes by the end of the month...
***
I want to work at a college or university someday, just so I can take classes for free. I'd take all those art classes that I missed the first time around, and maybe some literature or history ones too. Just for fun. But for now, I want to try to get into some classes at the Toledo Museum of Art. They offer a silk painting class that sounds like fun. Gotta save some money for it!
***
Jason over at Pet Cobra is working on his 40/40 List - I'm thinking I might make one too. Considering I would have 10 years to accomplish it, it might actually be feasible. First thing would be to get a tattoo - actually I'd like to do that before I'm 35. Maybe a 35/35 list instead? To be pondered...
***
It's amazing really, how many things there are on the dotoledo.org events calendar. The Dragon Boat Festival later this month is penciled into my planner, and the Wood County Fair is in red Sharpie for next month! Who'd have thunk it, that there were actually FUN things to do in Toledo? Doesn't make me like the city any more, but at least I can kill some time.
SRSLY. Last night it was BANG CRACKLE CRACKLE BANG SPUTTER BANG-BANG BOOM CRACKLE CRACKLE for, like, HOURS. On the SEVENTH of July.
ReplyDeleteI want to go back to college so badly! For anything at this point! I just want to learn something!!
ReplyDelete