Friday, October 2, 2009

My new home...

I decided to check out wordpress today and see if I might want to switch over from blogger.  Because blogger is part of google, I was having some issues with multiple accounts and keeping track of what was accessed through where... blahblahblah.  So far, I'm impressed.  The dashboard is much more user-friendly, and the stats tools are nice to have.  Although I don't like the inability to use your own theme - or at least, I haven't figured out how to do it yet.  From what I can tell you have to either be a genius, or pay for the ability to edit CSS... neither of which is what I am capable of or want to do.  If anybody out there knows an EASY way to do it (can you insert HTML code in a text widget like in blogger?) I'd love some hints.

Other than that... looks like this is my new blog home.  I combined my two blogs (Open Mouth, Insert Foot and Life Through Green Sunglasses) into one to make blog fodder a little easier to come by.  Hopefully this doesn't have any adverse affect on potential readership... I'm NOT a hippie freak, I swear - it's my job, and I like to share stuff that I learn through it is all.  I'm not perfect at this green stuff by any means!  So I hope no one is turned off by this side of things.  I also have a tendency to talk about my pets a lot, and I like to show off my garden and the artsy fartsy crafty crap I do too.  I guess my point is, my subject matter will be all over the charts.  Just like my mind, I guess.

Because I link to this site from my Facebook page, I know a lot of my friends & family will be reading.  So I just want to say right now that I hope I don't offend any of you with anything I might say.  This is my place to vent a little while trying to push the creative side of my brain back into the light of day.  It's been a long time since I've journaled or written in a free-flowing, not-work-or-school-related way, so I'm pretty rusty.  Some of you know this already (HA!) but I have a kind of twisted sense of humor and a bit of a dirty mind, and that will probably show here.  So don't be afraid, and don't be offended.  If you are anyway, then you might want to stick to my Facebook page.  I'm a little more reined in there.

So, now that that's all out there... time to go see what the cats are doing in the basement that's making so much noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment