I've mentioned it here and there, in passing, vaguely. I don't want to jinx it.
But here goes: we are making every effort to move west this summer!
By west I mean Washington or Oregon, maybe Montana, possibly Idaho or even Colorado.
B is graduating in May, and he's looking for jobs out there. I'm still holding hopes that I'll get called back to my job, mainly because when I mentioned the possibility of a move to them before I left, they were pretty enthused about having someone based in that area and were open to the idea of me working remotely. But in case that doesn't pan out, I'm looking too.
We have no idea what our timing will be - as early as June, as late as August. Our landlords are willing to work with us on the schedule, and we've promised to work with them on making the house sellable.
Our friends here in Ohio aren't too happy, but our friends and my family out west are ecstatic.
So, that's the general idea. As plans come together, I'll post some more. And if anybody has any recommendations for places to apply for jobs in the environmental sector, let me know!
Goooooooooooo west coast!
ReplyDeleteIn the environmental sector of WA, Seattle, Olympia (governmental environment jobs in Oly), or Bellingham are all nice choices from what I hear.
Can't beat Portland for a great NW city obviously, and it's ranking as top 5 greenest cities helps in your job hunting I assume. For a mountain town in OR I would move to Bend/Sunriver OR in a hearbeat!
I also hear wonderful things about Bozeman MT in the world of environmentally friendly living and a super cool town.
AND, I've always wanted to live in Colorado. Boulder specifically.
So BASICALLY you're moving to my favorite places in the whole world!