Migraine, thy name is Wednesday. (If you heard me cursing and throwing things at work today, this is what that was all about. )
Throbbing Pain 1: BGSU not understanding the logistics behind paying for school using GI Bill. They want their $$ before the semester even starts, while the Army College Fund wants proof that the student is in class and getting decent grades before issuing said $$. And then when the school doesn't deposit your check until 3 weeks later and you have 4 major payments come out of your account within 2 days of each other, you have a problem.
Throbbing Pain 2: Bosses who are skilled in the art of micro-management... and not just micro-management, but last-minute micro-management. I'm not a fan of speaking in front of groups, so I've had my presentation ready for about a week and I've been reading over it every day and tweaking my talking points to flow better. I had gotten good feedback from my immediate boss and was feeling confident, and then had all the wind taken out of my sails in the course of a day, and not just any day but the day before my presentation, by my boss's boss who suddenly has all sorts of criticism and apparently no time to listen to what I have to say about it. He wasn't mean about it so much, but he kept talking over me when I would try to explain, so it was really frustrating.
Throbbing Pain 3: While I did get my car back in a timely fashion yesterday, the mere fact that I had to take it back to the shop again gives me an aneurism. And if Throbbing Pain 1 wasn't so insistent a pain, I would probably have gone to the Honda dealership after work today to test drive a Fit.
But, I had an "ultimate grilled cheese & chicken wrap" for dinner (cream cheese, swiss, cheddar, chicken & BBQ sauce... only thing that would make it better is bacon) and I'm going to watch some TV & spend some quality time on the couch with my hubby, and forget about it all for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment