I discovered today that while red velvet cake is not my favorite, cream cheese frosting is and always will be. Also Butterfinger ice cream = DA BOMB.
(Yes, today was a co-worker's birthday. No, this is not my everyday lunch fare.)
***
The job, when related to a rollercoaster, is currently on the sloooow upward climb before all the dizzying loop-de-loops and nasty drops where your stomach relocates to your throat. In other words, I don't have much going on right now but it looks like next month will be a nightmare. Three major trips in three weeks: Washington DC, Raleigh, and Boston. Time to vacuum the sawdust out of my suitcase I guess.
***
I think I'm going to try to have my mom visit for Christmas. Last time, she not only got stuck in O'Hare overnight, but also caught a disgusting plague. Good times were not had by all, to say the least. This time, perhaps a non-stop flight from Phoenix to Detroit will solve the one problem, and a pre-trip care package of Airborne tablets might help solve the other?
***
In regards to the craziness that is my home, B's den is done, the back door is nearly done, the basement carpet is as clean as it's gonna get, and things are starting to come back together. The added bonus of having Mom to visit is her inherent desire to decorate will come in handy!
No comments:
Post a Comment