Monday, December 8, 2008

Hey Ma, I wanna go home...

Traveling is taking over my schedule lately & I'm getting burnt out. After Boston came Chicago for 3 days last week (Good & Green Marketing Conference hosted by Discovery Channel's Planet Green... lots of great free swag!) and tomorrow I'm heading to L.A. for 3 days. This one is different though, for two reasons: (a) I'm traveling with a co-worker, who is a great, funny guy but who is also mildly irritating in his lack of organization, and (b) I'm the one giving the presentations this time. I'm not a big fan of speaking in front of people, although I'm getting more used to it. I would much rather stay home & enjoy my Christmas decorations.

The new car is pretty cool, although I'm glad it came with a limited after-market warranty. When we test drove it, we weren't anywhere near a freeway so we didn't really get a chance to gun it & get up to a high speed. So of course, what with my glorious luck, it does something crazy-wrong when it tries to downshift at higher speeds. There's this massive scary *CLUNK* and lurching and not good. So I'm leaving it at the shop while I'm gone this week to get it fixed. Did I mention YAY warranty?

No comments:

Post a Comment