Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pass the Rogaine, and bring me my back pill!

I'm 29. I'll be 30 in April. Yet I am apparently an old fogey.

The company Christmas party was Friday night.

First off, we got there after the "social hour" and most everyone was already half in the bag. Now understand that B & I are not really drinkers. I've never enjoyed getting drunk, ever, mainly because (a) it makes me really tired and I wind up sitting there staring off into space, and (b) I say and do the stupidest shit after 3 or 4 drinks. So while we enjoy being social, we don't find it necessary to get wasted and make fools of ourselves. Because oh, the foolishness that would ensue!

We ate, had some fun conversation over dinner with our friends, and then the DJ kicked into gear. About an hour later, after "Electric Slide" and every other line dance known to man, after Boyz II Men (I shit you not) and Celine Dion, we had gotten our fill of bad wedding reception/high school dance music. That, combined with ill-advised shoe choices, made the decision for us... we bailed out. It was about 9:30 pm.

And seriously, how could anybody endure that much bad music? Not to sound snobby, but I think we would have enjoyed hanging out with people for a bit longer if our ears weren't bleeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment