I haven't been sleeping well lately. I blamed my pillow at first, that it was too thick & gave me a kink in my neck. So I switched to a flat cotton pillow, but I still am having a hard time. I never seem to hit the REM-stage of sleep, I wake up a lot during the night with a sore shoulder or my arms have fallen asleep, and I feel addled & lethargic all day long. Even on the weekends, I can't seem to sleep enough, and I'm horribly unmotivated to do anything at all. Is it all related somehow? Would a good massage or the use of my "white noise" player solve it? Is it a mental thing? Or am I just lazy & unmotivated, and looking for an excuse?
This weekend, I had intended to clean out the gardens and flowerpots of the frost-shriveled veggie plants & annuals, but this stupid lethargy made me waste the decent weather. I like taking time just to sit & not do anything but rest & relax, but there's a point where it feels like laziness to me. I've definitely hit that point and moseyed right on past it too.
***
There's a management shift happening at work, and a good one too I think. The president (whom I've mentioned before) is passing the torch to my current boss (the GM), and I'm being moved to the Marketing Department (if you can call it a department; there's 3 of us in it). So the current prez will still be considered "CEO" but won't really have much to do with the operation of the company anymore beyond some "market opportunity" stuff, and my current boss will finally be in charge where he truly belongs since he does it all already anyway & is much better at it, and my new boss is still cool and much more accessible, and will be easy to work with. Plus there is a distinct chance that I'll get to move to a REAL office, instead of the Pit of Despair! I think that's the most important thing out of all of this, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment