I love the west coast. I can't stand L.A. Sorry folks, I know there are some out there that have a deep abiding love for the City of Angels, but I can't deal with the congestion of most big cities. I dig Chicago & Boston's downtown areas, and I HEART Seattle 4-evah, but I would never want to live in any major metropolitan area. Give me the 'burbs, or better yet, the good ol' R.R. (rural routes for you city folk) any day. Too many people, not enough wide open spaces, too much traffic... just kinda gives me the heebie jeebies. I'll visit, sure, but I couldn't call it home and be comfortable for a long period of time.
***
Today we took the PCH to Santa Barbara which was absolutely GORGEOUS. But oh my GOD people that road is so friggin bumpy, and my sales rep's truck was so friggin monstrous (a Dodge diesel supercab that put you at eye-level with the semis, that's how big this bastard was), and she kinda drove like a madwoman (a 4'11" madwoman who needed a stepladder to get in the damn truck), and by the time we made it back to the hotel this evening I was a nervous wreck. I've hardly eaten anything today but I really don't think I could eat anything now after that hair-raising ride.
I'm pretty glad to be flying home tomorrow. I know, I know, Toledo vs. Los Angeles should be no contest, right? I hate to say it folks, but I'm ready to get back to my little armpit of Ohio.
No comments:
Post a Comment