So since this past Wednesday, it's been the following:
John Mayer - Daughters
The Killers - Human
Switchfoot - Daisy
So what does this tell me?
#1 -- When 'Daughters' popped into my head while showering on Wednesday, I realized that the lyrics are really kind of screwed up. The bridge goes like this:
Boys, you can break
Find out how much they can take
'Cause boys will be strong
Boys soldier on
But boys would be gone without warmth
from a woman's good, good heart
This is a truly ridiculous statement to make. Boys are tough, you can berate them and beat them down and they're like the Energizer Bunny, they'll just keep on going! Ugh. Bullshit. I don't think I even need to say anything more.
But why did this come into my head? Maybe to reiterate the fact that I need to have a warmer heart, especially towards B...?
#2 -- Are we human, or are we dancer? I have no clue what this means. Am I human? I'm not a dancer, I know that much. Although it'd be fun to take some ballroom lessons with B maybe...
#3 -- Let it go, Daisy let it go
Open up your fists, this fallen world
Doesn't hold your interest, doesn't hold your soul
Daisy let it go
Why do I care so much about what other people think of me, of the work I do, of the life I live? This fallen world doesn't hold my soul... I need to worry about ME, about MY happiness and who I am. I think. Sounds good, anyway.
Psychoanalyzing yourself isn't very easy, especially through somewhat incongruous song lyrics. To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment