I haven't been writing much, which is stupid. Not because anybody cares & wants to hear what's going on in my head, but because it's such a great outlet for me and it's not like I don't have the time. I don't really have any major projects at work right now, so it's a little slow & boring around here. On the other hand, I have a lot to do at home that I've been procrastinating on. I'm not very motivated at work, so I get home at night and I'm still not motivated... it's a nasty cycle of slumpiness!
So, what's been going on, that I haven't been writing about?
The whole money makeover thing is moving kind of slow. Every part of the bank switching process is slow... changing my direct deposit took 3 weeks to go through, changing our automatic payments for utilities takes 4-6 weeks, waiting for my landlord to deposit our last rent check is taking a couple of weeks, and since the bank we're switching doesn't have branches (it's a military bank, so everything is done online which is nice but makes some things take a little longer) we have to scan & email in any paper checks that we get.
The scan & email thing wouldn't be so bad IF we had a functioning scanner right now. We just bought a wireless printer/scanner/copier, and all the reviews I read said set-up was a breeze. Har de har har! I've tried everything I could think of, I got some ideas from the office IT guys, and nothing worked. So last night I got online & used the printer company's "chat assistance" program and the guy set up a remote link to my system so he could mess with it, and even he couldn't figure out what was wrong. He worked on it until closing time last night, and then gave up & said he would pass it on to a supervisor today to see if they had any other ideas. I am not hanging my hopes on this, and will probably return this particular model & look for a different brand this weekend. Wireless printing will totally be worth it, but this is getting a little ridiculous!
We had a yard sale last weekend. Or at least, half the weekend, it rained Sunday morning so we skipped that day. We made a little over $100 which was cool, but we really didn't sell much! If I had readers, I'd try to hock some stuff on here. It's all in the middle of my living room right now.
B is off doing Army stuff this week, so it's been me & the critters hangin out, watching TV and putting off chores. Which is bad, because me putting off the catbox cleaning has caused them to seek recepticles elsewhere, namely my pretty-if-cheap living room rug. Crap. (Not literally, just pee so far, but pee is worse because the smell lingers. I'd rather they crapped on it.)
Tomorrow, running some errands & chopping off my hair!
For some reason I left this info. out when I emailed you back and now I have to tell you b/c I'm going to talk about Dave Ramsey. J was in the Army and was mobilized to go to Iraq---didn't happen, end of story.
ReplyDeleteBut, we started the Dave Ramsey prgm. at a local church in TX and it was awesome. When J had to leave I finished the course alone and while I haven't put most of the strategies to use (I should) it was an eye-opener and was such good info. Maybe one day I'll do it!
Good for you!