Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mush


I absolutely do not have any motivation to blog lately.  There's nothing to say that hasn't already been beaten to a bloody pulp - I'm jobless, and it sucks, repeat on seemingly endless loop.  Even for RTT, I can't find anything worthwhile.



Except maybe this, which I hope you've already seen but if not, don't squee so loud you'll disturb the neighbors.
Yep, it's Pooh+Star Wars.  James Hance's collection of "Relentlessly Cheerful Art" brings even me out of a funk. 


I'm making this crocheted cardigan right now.  I was unreasonably anxious about trying to make an article of clothing, but the pattern instructions have been really easy to follow so now I'm on a roll and it's kinda fun.

I love our library here.  I've been drowning in new music and books since we got back, and I have a huge number of things still on request.  Included are several books on natural beauty and holistic medicine, which I'm fascinated with right now.  I want to try the oil cleansing method, and some remedies for thin hair - I don't have bald spots yet, but judging by the amount of hair that clogs the shower drain it's only a matter of time.  Expect a new post over at the green blog in a couple weeks once I've done some practical research on it.

Also if anyone has any music to recommend, tell me!  My iTunes can't get enough.

5 comments:

  1. Doing what you're doing is a good start. The crafting will help. Its a balance of challenge and known repetitive movement.

    Best of luck with the job search. I have oodles of assvice if you need it, having been a job seeker repeatedly.

    Pooh+Star Wars scrambled my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find on the sweater! Keep being crafty, that always helps.
    No idea what type of music you like, I tend toward old Disney sound tracks. But the new Micheal Franti CD is fun, and makes you want to dance around the room.
    Julie
    (waiting patiently for my natural wrinkle cure)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I'm loving this cardigan project so far - Sarah you're right about the combination of challenge & known repetition, sometimes I get on a roll then realize, oops, what did the pattern say? :-) There's been some unraveling & re-doing but it's fun.
    Julie, I think I've heard Michael Franti, is he jazz? That's one area where my music collection is sorely lacking. I think the only true jazz album I have is Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas... I shall have to remedy this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wookie the Chew!?!?! James Hance is fantastic. And my wife has been on an insane crotcheting(?) kick since the end of November. I think she's spent more on wool than our average mortgage payment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I KNOW RIGHT?! I'm doing my next office in his prints. They crack me up.

    The people at the local big-box craft store know me by name. It's sad.

    ReplyDelete