Thursday, November 5, 2009

I don't know what it is! But it's staring me right in the face!

Monday morning I was feeling a bit... snippy.

B: Are you okay?

J: Yeah.  No.  I don't know.

B: What's the matter?  Can I help?

J: I don't know.

B: Sweetie, you can talk to me... maybe talking to me will help you figure it out.  We can work thr...

J: I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S BOTHERING ME BUT RIGHT NOW IT'S YOU (cue spontaneous combustion)

***

Tuesday afternoon I raided the vending machine at work somewhere around 4 times.

***

Yesterday, I read this incredibly insightful and eye-opening post over at All & Sundry.  DUH.

And today, it's all blatantly and painfully obvious.

Of course, I didn't have a CLUE up til now, despite the fact that the pills I'm on (my 'morning cookies' as B calls them) do, in fact, transition from green to yellow when it's about that time.  I've been wrangling with my pharmacy to refill my prescription too, so there's that little indicator as well.  Among other things.

But I don't know what this stick is up my butt!  And why am I so tired?  I slept well last night... God, my head hurts.

*Sigh*  I'm just so on top of things!

Needless to say, when I stopped at the store for milk last night, I picked up a can of frosting and a box of Saltines too.

(Shut up.)

4 comments:

  1. I guess my periods aren't that bad. I've never really had to deal with PMS, but I do still go through emotional swings.

    Most of the times my "mood" swings aren't really around my period, just a time when I'm feeling more tired, and my emotions are closer to the surface. When that happens, little things become big issues. And something that one minute was me joking with someone else suddenly turns and maybe goes that one step too far, and now I'm pissed, hurt, and upset. Maybe I do have PMS after all. That was something that happened like 2 days ago, and I know my period is set for next week (thank you little patch).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DON’T KNOW WHAT’S BOTHERING ME BUT RIGHT NOW IT’S YOU

    This! A thousand times yes!! (glad you commented at TJ's blog so I could read your stuff!) My husband always wants to "fix" my problems when all I really want is for him to listen or complain with me. Sometimes I really don't want things fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normally I like talking things through with him, but when I'm tired and cranky and PMSing... yeah not so much. That's when I just want a hug and a carton of ice cream. He's starting to get it. :-) (And thanks for commenting!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha! I'm always like, "WOW, I am REALLY craving SALT and SUGAR! I am totally losing ALL CONTROL over my eating! What is WITH me?............Oh."

    ReplyDelete